Senior Software Engineer - Security and Access management
Cognite is a fast-growing global technology company headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Our team is both international and interdisciplinary, including more than 150 of the best software developers, data scientists, designers, 3D specialists, and industry professionals.
Together, we have built an industrial data platform that empowers companies in industries like Energy, Shipping, and Manufacturing to extract value from their wealth of existing data by transforming it into useful information.
With the Cognite Data Platform, forward-thinking companies like Aker BP and Statnett have begun to utilize their data strategically. Now they can find data-driven solutions to reduce inefficiencies, optimize operations, and transform business models.
Because data should power industry. So humans can create and innovate.
Cognite is looking for security engineers and software engineers interested in security.
Cognite is an industrial data platform empowering customers to leverage data as a strategic asset. Cognite is continually working on improving the user and developer experience, while making sure data confidentiality, integrity, and availability is maintained. The API team is a 5 person team within the R&D department at Cognite. You role will be helping secure access to critical industrial data on a large scale, engineering robustness and resiliency into our external and internal architecture. You will also communicate internally and externally about how to best work together in ways that make use more effective, and also improve security.
...are a software engineer with experience in authentication and authorisation, identity providers, etc, we’d love to talk to you about the challenges you’ve faced in the past, and how we can tackle new ones.
...have a general background in security, we’d welcome your experience and ideas on how to design, implement, and communicate security infrastructure and configuration.
...have, or are interested in incident management/SRE, with an emphasis on access control, we’d love to talk.
...are a new student, and all this (and the opportunities to work alongside some really smart and experienced people) sounds fantastic, shoot us a line!
Day to day, you’ll be working on
- Working with Java and Scala code for new and existing internal services for authentication, authorization, and IAM
- Debugging/testing live code
- Developing internal best practice design patterns
- Adding support for new auth scenarios
- Adding controls to prevent unauthorized access
- Assisting with securing underlying cloud infrastructure and SecDevOps
- are a Software Engineer
- have some background in information security
- Professional experience with security engineering
- (Recent) courses in information security/cryptography/etc
- OSCP/SANS certifications
It is nice if you have...
- Authentication ecosystem knowledge
- OAuth2/OIDC experience
- SAML/ADFS experience
- TLS/x509/PKI experience
- Java/Scala/Go experience
- SRE/incident response experience
- Open source contribution list/background
- Google Cloud
- Backend security architecture
- Frontend client authentication/authorization
- Web web, but client in general- powerbi, grafana, etc
- Help relocating to Norway
- Opportunity to work with some of the best people on some of the most ambitious projects found anywhere
- Leaders that write code
- Motivation and push to be agile and fast
- Minimal amount of bureaucracy
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Free food and drinks
- Flat structure with direct access to decision makers
- Free staffed gym (We also do soccer practice every Friday)
- All the tools you need to be productive
- Open and friendly company culture
- High level of autonomy and ability to influence choice of technology and product direction
- New and attractive offices